Adult film star Stormy Daniels — who has said in a lawsuit that she had an “intimate” relationship with Donald Trump a decade before he became president — said in an interview airing Sunday night that she was threatened in 2011 inside a Las Vegas parking garage with her infant daughter present and was told not to go public with her story.
In a wide-ranging interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes,” Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, said the threat came weeks after she’d agreed to tell her story to a sister publication of InTouch magazine — an interview that didn’t run at the time.
“I was in a parking lot, going to a fitness class with my infant daughter. Taking, you know, the seats facing backwards in the backseat, diaper bag, you know, getting all the stuff out. And a guy walked up on me and said to me, ‘Leave Trump alone. Forget the story,'” Daniels said, according to a transcript of the interview.
“And then he leaned around and looked at my daughter and said, ‘That’s a beautiful little girl. It’d be a shame if something happened to her mom.’ And then he was gone,” she added.
Daniels said that she interpreted the event as direct threat and that she was “rattled.”
“I remember going into the workout class. And my hands are shaking so much, I was afraid I was gonna drop her,” Daniels said.
Daniels said that she didn’t go to the police because she was scared and that she never again saw the man who threatened her, but she said she’d “100 percent” be able to recognize him if she ever saw him again.
“Even now, all these years later. If he walked in this door right now, I would instantly know,” she said.
In a lawsuit filed earlier this month, Daniels said she had an “intimate” relationship with Trump in 2006 and 2007 and struck a deal a decade later to keep quiet about it. Daniels signed the deal, a secrecy agreement facilitated by Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, in exchange for $130,000 before the 2016 election.
She has contended, however, that the pact is void because Trump never signed the agreement.
NBC asked the White House and Cohen for comment on the “60 Minutes” report. Neither the White House nor Cohen responded to questions from “60 Minutes.”