We’re joined by Cardiff University student and Kenyan media star James Smart whose Insights programme has four million viewers. He joins Phil to discuss the interactive nature of his show. And UK Progressive contributor Jeanine Mollof has written a three part series explaining the TPP treaty and why the letters ISDS should scare you more than ISIS!
Join Denis Campbell, founder and editor of UK Progressive magazine, Phil Parry former BBC anchor and editor of Wales Eye: WalesPolitico.uk and Falmouth University’s Dr. Dario Llinares (DarioLlinares.com) in this weekly discussion of global politics and media.
Download and rate us from iTunes!
Android devices find us on Google Play’s Podcast Nation App!
Three journalists and critics of today’s too cosy fawning media discuss the public relations SPIN today that masquerades as mainstream media news coverage.
This week Dario, Phil and Denis discuss:
4 million Kenyans watch James Smart’s current event show weekly
- @JamesSmat was in studio last week and Phil interviewed him
- Fascinating guy and interesting media landscape
- Wants to motivate young voters
- Engage Kenyan traditional media in a dialogue
- What if the audience was able to call BS on all of us and determine the rundown/force politicians to answer questions?
The New Cabinet
- Cameron faces difficulties
- EU vote
- SNP played nice, for now
- Selfies in the Dispatch box
- Fast track trade bill moves forward
- Why we should fear its reach.
- @JeanineMolloff joins us to discuss TPP
- And much, much more…
E-mail us: email@example.com Our London +44 (0)20 8144 8054 and Washington DC +1 (202) 697 9977 listener phone lines are always open for your comment.
Denis Campbell on Twitter @UKProgressive
Phil Parry on Twitter @WalesEye
Dr. Dario Llinares on Twitter @DarioDoubleL