President Obama uses the ‘N’ word on a podcast, port strike chaos in France lead to illegals hiding in trucks and crossing into the UK. British parents face steep fines for taking their kid on holiday outside of term break and will Greece exit the EU and stick us all with the bill?
Join Denis Campbell, editor of UK Progressive magazine, Phil Parry former BBC anchor and editor of WalesPolitico.uk and Falmouth University’s Dr. Dario Llinares (DarioLlinares.com) in this weekly discussion of global politics and media.
Download and rate us from iTunes!
Android devices find us on Google Play’s Podcast Nation App!
Three journalists and critics of today’s too cosy fawning media discuss the public relations SPIN today that masquerades as mainstream media news coverage.
This week Dario, Phil and Denis discuss:
- Strike by French port workers-lax security
- Thousands of migrants camped nearby board lorries, sneak into the UK on ferries.
- Cameron apoplectic – called it unacceptable
- Every other country taking their fair share out of African boatlift exodus
- UK will rescue but not bring to the UK boatloads.
Get your butt in school-families used to face fines now court appearances
- End of year, playing videos and goofing off after exams are done.
- Serving member of the military unable to take kids out on his ten day annual leave
- Yet school trips (for those who can afford it) are offered
- Inconsistent application
- Solely on Head teacher’s mood?
- Where is balance
- Tsipras turning on creditors
- Greece could default in 6 days’ time
- Mean a Euro currency and union exit after crushing austerity
Charleston shooting aftermath
- Today Reverend Clementa Pinckney laid to rest
- Institutional racism in the form of the confederate flag.
- Marc Maron podcast, President said the word nigger. Media out of context nuts.
- Fever to remove
- Medgar Evers wife was furious about media coverage
- Jon Stewart eviscerated FOX again.
- RW says Left rushing to blame race and guns
- Predictable, now is not the time to discuss gun control
- Chuck Todd on Meet the Press tone deaf false equivocation
- Will they ever do their job?
- Hillary tackled straight on, Jeb waffled, not sure if this is racist
- Trump filed FEC Papers so it’s real
New candidate this week
- Lucky 13 Bobby Jindal
- Chris Christie and Scott Walker coming soon
E-mail us: email@example.com London +44 (0)20 8144 8054 and Washington DC +1 (202) 697 9977 listener voicemail lines.